Re: imap pop3 servers

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Doc Schneider wrote:

I'm doing a complete upgrade of a server which I was using uw-imap for the imap/pop4 daemons.(This was an old RH 7.2 system and has been upgraded to CentOS 4.4 64bit) I notice there isn't an rpm at any of the repositories for this. I do pop before smpt for the remote users I have and also use procmail for calling spamc from SpamAssassin.

Is there some place I can get uw's imap or do I need to settle for using something like Dovecot? (Which doesn't support procmail AFAICT)

Procmail and Dovecot work fine together, since procmail knows how to write Maildir files. The difference in procmail recipes is subtle but easy to recognize:

Here's my traditional (mbox) recipe:

  :0:
  spam

And here's the Maildir version:

  :0
  .spam/

The trailing slash and leading dot are the key indicators, though it's the slash that tells procmail to use Maildir format.

If you'd like a .src.rpm of UW-IMAP 2006d, let me know. I'll send you a copy of mine, and you can tweak/build it as you like.

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@xxxxxxxxxx <> www.madboa.com