Re: Maildir Cleanup

Jun Salen wrote:
Hi all,

I found an article (with python script) on how to
clean up Maildir folder
for  old email messages from
http://www.ducea.com/2006/11/25/cleanup-maildir-folders-archive-delete-old-mails/
 . As I understand, this will be run by each user
after login. How can I make this runs at least once a
month and
delete all users message with age more than one month
for example using crontab? I am using Postfix,
MailScanner, SpamAssassin, Courier IMAP/POP3, ClamAV
and CentOS4.4 as mail server. If you need further
input, please just let me know. Thanks in advance for
help. Thanks.

Is your maildir info stored in mysql or in berkeley dbs?

You want write a script that will run under the uid/gid of the owner of the maildir base directory. It should feed each Maildir to the python script with appropriate parameters (I have not looked at it) so the thing to figure out is how to get the list of Maildirs.