Re: unable to mount centos hard drive

On 1/27/07, Lance Earl <lance@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am considering changing my server from Ubuntu to Centos. I have been
tinkering with a box that will eventually become a new server. I am
having a problem.

This box has two ide drives. Originally I had a Ubuntu desktop installed
on hda and then added a Centos server installed on hdb. I wanted to try
a different server configuration without overwriting the current install
on hdb. With the server on hdb running, I mounted hda and copied some
important files from the Ubuntu drive to the Centos drive.

I installed a another instance of centos on hda and everything worked
fine. With the hda install running, I have attempted to mount hdb so
that I can retrieve my files. The problem I have is that when I mount
the drive I am taken to the boot directory on hdb and cannot navigate to
the directory that holds my files.

Earl,

Could you give more info please? Maybe you are mounting the wrong
partition or something on hdb? What's your partition table like on
hdb?

Thanks,
Rakhesh