RE: How do I identify my hardware?

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007, Mark Hull-Richter wrote:

So if it's not there, does that mean the device is not supported on Linux?

I don't have a definitive answer, but it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case.

Yoik.  Neither of the video ids is in the list....

If you can get the model number from a manual or by peeking in the case, you might try ATI's web site:

  http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

My audio id is there - it is the integrated mobo audio, but it failed initialization - does it need something to be plugged into it to work?

It's likely that the correct driver isn't loaded -- either it's not present on your system or the installer didn't recognize it. You might try googling for "centos [your audio card]".

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein@xxxxxxxxxx <> www.madboa.com