Re: Best Board Your Ever Ran CentOS On?

Jim Perrin wrote:
On 1/16/07, Karl R. Balsmeier <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Whats' the best motherboard you ever ran CentOS on?

Depends on purpose.
Desktop/Workstation: Iwill dp533 board has been very good to me. It's
an older board, but it's been rock solid, and very well supported.

Server: IBM x365's (and in the near future the ibm hs21's) are pretty
much all I use at work anymore. With only a few minor gripes the
serveraid cards are quite good, and with the exception of ibm's
website sucking for locating the occasional driver disk, their server
hardware hasn't let me down yet no matter what kind of load I throw at
the system.

Does it have to be Intel/AMD?

IBM has a good reputation on Power and zSeries (not good for CPU-intensive work, but disk I/O is in gigabytes/sec).

A little Zed beside one's desk would be a fine ornament to any office:-)

If you want CPU, take a look at top500.org. Even if you don't have the dollars to buy some of that kit, it's good for serious drooling;-)

--

Cheers
John