Re: Connecting to a Novell Server

Mike Fedyk wrote:
Rob Lines wrote:
I am trying to connect our centos 4.4 machines to our Novell Netware 5 servers.

The goal is to allow the centos 4.4 clients to connect to the server and access shared folders. We are not looking for a single sign-on style solution just the ability to connect.

Check into using ncpfs with centos. If not, then see if netware can serve to nfs or smb/cifs clients.
ncpfs is only in the centosplus kernel I believe. I also found it buggy and horribly slow. Instead, consider running Novell's Native File Access (NFA) product on your Netware server and exporting your Netware volumes as NFS or SMB shares. I don't think NFA is included with Netware 5.0 (though it might be a free dowload, not sure) but I know 6.x includes it.

Jay
begin:vcard
fn:Jay Lee
n:Lee;Jay