Re: Centos kickstart

edwin.elifuraha a écrit :
Hi,

I am using Centos 4.4,on which I created a kickstart file using kickstart
configurator ,then I created a bootable cd using mkisofs command and then
booted the system using this cdrom.The cd managed to boot and found the
kickstart file in the cd but fail to continue with this error message

"CD not found.The centos 4.4 server cd cd could not found in any of your
cdrom drives".

you probably miss the .discinfo file on the cdrom/dvd, which anaconda rely on.

check you original .iso images of CentOS to copy it and adapt if tour media contains more than 1 .iso file content:

# .discinfo file format:
#  timestamp
#  release string
#  real architecture
#  disk(s) number (separated with comma)
#  basedir
#  packagedir
#  pixmapsdir

So your should look like:

1065565780.80
CentOS 4
i386
1,2,3
CentOS/base
CentOS/RPMS
CentOS/pixmaps

I also found these messages

FAT:bogus number of reserved sectors
VFS:can not find valid FAT file system on dev hdc

must be installer log: found existing hard drive partitions, must can't aware of reading them ?

Unable to load NLS charset utf8

should not be a problem ?

Pierre Bourgin