From: Fajar Priyanto < fajarpri@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Jan 17, 2007 2:14 PM
Subject: OOT: Advice on failover rsync setup
To: CentOS list <centos@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
I have a task on setting up a cluster of 2 servers for providing ftp service.
We use RH's Cluster suite. However the cluster setup is lack of shared network
storage, so the /var/ftp/pub is mounted on each server. The cluster is set
with Master and Slave configuration (when the master is down, slave serves.
and when master is up again, slaves gives up the service back to master).

We thought of using rsync to synchronize the two directory on each server.

B -----> A
with:
rsync -avzgorp -e ssh root@serverB:/var/ftp/pub/ /var/ftp/pub/

A -----> B
with:
rsync -avzgorp --delete -e ssh /var/ftp/pub/ root@serverB:/var/ftp/pub/ (note:
using --delete)

We want those command to make sure that the most current and
complete /var/ftp/pub is on A and we put those command on A only.

So, are we on the right direction? Or is there any better way?
Thank you very much,
http://linux2.arinet.org
3:44pm up 6:53, 2.6.16.13-4-default GNU/Linux

Thank you
Indunil Jayasooriya