Re: OT: Apache Built -how do add SSL module?

Karanbir Singh wrote:

Karl R. Balsmeier wrote:

And just to be really clear, no negative attitude here or anything, -just looking for a community assist on an important question. thanx!

When you try to do something like this, its usually a good idea to see how its done in the distro. There might be clues there. It will also ive you an understanding on how other packages in the distro might be linked and depend on the package you are trying to replace.

In this case - use the httpd.spec provided in the httpd sources package, mod_ssl is built at the same time as httpd binaries are. Just remember to rebuild everytime there is a security issue, and everytime anything that depends on httpd has a security issue.

- KB

oh good, -yeah, we have been debating going to 2.0.59 using this approach, so am going to just paste your comments into our document and run with it.

-right now you have done such a stellar job with the package repository my script just says yum install this or that -it's funny how it [my build script] shrinks down month by month -especially 64-bit stuff like libevent, xvfb, memcached, all these used to mean alot of source compiles and interruptions of the automated builds... looks like 4.4 has settled into a nice rhythm...

hopefully when Java goes GPL the whole chicken/egg thing there will cascade into a future cent release and I can move our developer machines off of fedora once and for all...

-krb