Re: Linux alternative to MS Netmeeting

On 1/9/07, Matt Shields <mattboston@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In the company I work for, quite a few people use Netmeeting to share
desktops during training.  Anyone know of a way to either connect to
their Netmeeting, or an alternative that will work on both Windows &
Linux, and not require a server to host the meeting.

I think vmware server and the corresponsding client would fit the
bill.   vmware is free as I understand it as long as you are not using
it as part of a product you sell.  Anyway, you would run an instance
of an OS on a machine with the vmware server software, and then
multiple systems can connect to this instance using vmware server.
Everybody sees the same thing.   I'm not so sure how this would work
in X, but I know it works really well for console sessions.

Cheers...james
Matt