Re: Upgrade from 4.4 to 5

On 1/8/07, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Guillermo Garron wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Do you think that will be possible to upgrade from 4.4 to 5?

so far in the testing thats been done - it seems so Yes it will be
possible. The update route is something that we want to *try* and have
in place by the time CentOS-5 is released.

> I have a couple for email and web servers running on 4.4.

CentOS-4 is still going to be supported for many more years. Unless you
really have a need to - why update ? Thats what one of the major
benefits of using CentOS is.
Thank you very much,

I think i will have my old servers with 4.4 and only use CentOS 5 on
the new ones, one a Stable CentOS become availabe.

thanks
--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."