Re: Yum question - RHEL4

Tom Brown wrote:
Hi

this is technically a RHEL4 question but i hope it can be answered here...

Does RHEL4 do yum OK ? I kix a lot of boxes and it would be great to run the update after the build automajically rather than running through the up2date registration and using that method. I would also rather not pay lots for satellite server.

If i setup my own RHEL repo can i use yum against this? Or any other thoughts/options ?

RHEL4 doesn't come with Yum. the RHEL4 Red Hat Network repositories are not accessible by Yum as they require registration. I'm not sure how you can setup your 'own RHEL repo' as the RHN ones are secure.

You can install Yum on RHEL, and point it at a Yum CentOS repository, you'll effectively convert it to CentOS in the process.