Re: 64-bit Java?

This is false... as a general rule ;-)

I run only the 64 bit java rpm on my system. The only time you might need the 32-bit java is if you have 32-bit native code that needs to use JNI with it. Pure java applications work happily under 64-bit java just fine.

In the old days, on Solaris, the 32-bit version was required to be installed first before installing the 64-bit version. Today, for Linux at least, the 64-bit version does not have any such dependancies.

Tarun