Re: Where to get version 3.5?

Quoting Scott Ehrlich <scott@xxxxxxx>:

Yes, I know it is old, but I'm looking for a copy of CentOS 3.5 - CDs
or DVD for i386.

Anybody in favor of calling CentOS 5 "CentOS 5". No minor versions added. The way Red Hat is doing it. This 3.x and 4.x thing just confuses people.

Scott, once you install 3.5 and apply all security patches and other bug fixes, you'll end up with 3.8. So why not save yourself some bandwith and simply install from 3.8 media? No matter if you install from 3.5 or 3.8 media, you'll be effectively running CentOS 3. It's just that in later case (3.5) you'll have more security holes in your system.

To answer you question, yes, you can download old media from vault.centos.org. But that is just a bandwith vaster, IMO. Even if you have a big fat pipe connecting you to the internet, like the MIT has.