Re: Mail server, IMAP question

I follow some howto's, and now I can send email from my domain.
In this my local server I configured some virtual http server, using Webmin and Virtualmin, and all works well. I use a dyndns.org free domain to make my server worldwide available, and I have a BIND DNS server to spread the word...

right...

In this solution, I have an http server up and running, and email that I send using a webmail client are all correctly delivered.
Searching in maillog , I see many error like this:

Dec 11 17:46:54 kines imap(nando@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx): opendir(/usr/libexec/dovecot/imap) failed: Not a directory

Looks like a misconfiguration somewhere. I love it when people follow howtos and don't tell us which ones when they come looking for help.

"kines" is my domain (kines.dyndns.org), and this is my mail server, too

So I can send email but there's no way to receive them.
I tried to send me some email from different email accounts, but nothing in my inbox... And I don't receive error from servers, so appear that email are correctly delivered to my server...

Did you look at the logs to ensure that mails for local mailboxes were being delivered properly?

There's a way to understand if is only a problem about wrong configuration of mail boxes, testing if my server work well? And I want to know if I need to configure a MX record in my DNS server and if I need to wait while my DNS server spread the new email alias worldwide.

If your domain is kines.dyndns.org then you do not necessarily need a MX record. MTA's will lookup the A record of kines.dyndns.org if they do not find a MX record when attempting delivery.