Re: In need of assistance... (part 2)

Check out Bacula.org.  Very good system, we use it with about 40 hosts
and do disk-to-disk to our iscsi sata array.  I also has windows
clients that support VSS.

Matt Shields
Cyberbite Network - www.cyberbite.com

On 12/4/06, Administrator <administrator@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,
i wrote in a week ago and was overwhelmed by the response, but maybe i
need to be more specific.

We need to get a rock solid backup system in place, basically a
self-running system that would be set up once and then periodically
checked on.

We have 2 Windows machines (NT4, 2003 Server) and 3 Linux Machines
(Centos 4.4, Centos 4.3 and Red Hat 3).

Two machines are hosted locally (Centos 4.4 & NT4).

We have a Dell Server that just needs new hard drives and that could be
setup to be a backup server, but we want to be sure that we have
off-site backups of the local machines (so we could ship the machine to
a hosting facility once it is set up).

We would like to have the ability to have a rolling archive of about 30
days.

Since we are a publishing company, our archives are important but not
critical to our daily operations and they don't change. The current
projects are changed daily and need to be archived daily.

We are open to the options that were suggested a week ago, but we are
thinking that we need someone to implement it. This is very important
and not something that should be left to someone who is 'learning as he
goes'.

We need a clear and solid plan along with someone who could execute it.

Please let me know of any people who are in/around San Diego, California
and could help us- or someone who could accomplish the task flawlessly
with a remote connection.

Many thanks,
Noah

--