Re: I've been hacked -- what should I do next?

Quoting Leonard Isham <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>:

First I have relatives that know little to no English.  Second I have
traveled to Europe, Asia, and Africa for both business and pleasure.

Now I have to ask how many people would even attempt to understand an
e-mail in an unknown language?

If their profession is computer related, the chances that they will be able to understand what you wrote to them is relatively high. It is highly unlikely that an ISP will hire somebody who don't speak English for "abuse" position. Even the "basic helpdesk" personel is usually required to have at least basic knowledge of English.

Like you, I also have many relatives back home in Croatia. Many of them don't speak English at all. Back home in Croatia, I also have a bunch of friends that are system administrators, programmers, engineers, professionals, etc. All of them do speak English. It kind of comes with the profession. With some professions, it is a huge dissadvantage if you don't know at least basic English. Computer related professions are just extreme example of that.