Re: [CentOS] Need resize a partition LVM2

On 11/30/06, Ferdinando Santacroce <jesus_was_rasta@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all..
On my little test server I have 40GB hard disk.
I use LVM2, with 4 partitons: /boot, /home, /usr, /var
I set Apache to work in /var/www.
Now I added a 30GB hard disk to extend /var.
I regularly extended my volume group and the logical volume where /var stay.
Now I need to umount /var to run a resize2fs to extend the /var
partiton, but I see ever the same message: "device is busy"
I tried to switch to runlevel 1, but no luck.
My var uses quota, and the fs is ext3.

Hi, it only comes to my mind, i am not sure this is the right way to
do it, but have you tried with a rescue CD?

regards,
Guillermo.

Someone can help me?
Thank you a lot guys!

Nando

Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."
(Using FC5, CentOS4.4 and Ubuntu 6.06)