[CentOS] how beta is ppc centos 4?

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Dustin Krysak wrote:

Hi there, I am looking for a rhel close to run on a PPC. I have used centos for a while and want to stick with what I know. I know there is a V4.0 PPC beta version. How safe is it to use?

The core group of CentOS developers were discussing this last week at a planning meeting looking forward to the upstream's version 5 product; I was working with PPC beta, and also was setting up a test build environment for Alpha and Sparc.

These first two are however niche architectures at the end of the day. If one is planning a production environment, it seems counterproductive to rely on an arch which is losing hardware availability.

- Russ Herrold