[CentOS] Re: centos] CCVS

On Tue, 21 Nov 2006, Karl R. Balsmeier wrote:

Hey is there a CCVS package for Centos (Credit Card Verification System). Or has CCVS been discontinued and use of a similar tool be introduced?

Is there any way I can utilize my Centos system to do CC processing or is this a bad idea?

The PCI 'standard' followed by Visa [which formerly had its CISP standard versions] and MasterCard [similar but less onerous] and the other card issuers are fairly elaborate as to the level of security one has to observe to be compliant; It is perfectly doable with CentOS, and one can 'pass' an 'assessment' and get a Qualified Accesser to sign off on a CentOS based install; unlike the Wild West early days, however, it is not at all trivial to attain; your upstream processor will have a recommendation on what to use.

I would start by asking there. Doing otherwise is probably a 'premature optiization'. ;)

-- Russ Herrold