[CentOS] Re: Replay mail to test MTA + filtering

MrKiwi wrote:
Hi All,

My kit : Centos4.4 + Postfix + SA + ClamAV (not that its relevant)

General question - Does anyone know of a product which can take a folder / mbox of mail (spam, ham, virus infected stuff, scam mail and hoaxes) and "replay" it back
against a test server to determine the servers ability to filter?

I have looked at some low level (IP) packet replayers, but i cant really find anything suitable
at the mail/smtp level.
It would have to "simulate" connections from external IP addresses to allow RBL etc to work and also i guess i would have to choose an "MTA style" of the sender to be simulated so that the MTA i am testing can do its thing when some tries something which fails the smtpd_*_restrictions tests.

It will probably be the case that i need to "recapture" the mail at a higher detail, as an RFC compliant unit of mail in my mailbox doesn't tell me anything about how the smtp conversation went, and certainly
doesn't allow me to recreate the conversation.

Is anyone building something like this?

Check roundhouse.  www.snertsoft.com

Any hints appreciated.

Regards,