Re: [CentOS] Install CentOS on PS3

Karanbir Singh wrote:
chrism@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Karanbir Singh wrote:
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
Hi All,

Anyone here going to try running CentOS 4 on a PS3? Is there even a PPC
version of CentOS 4 available?

yes, and yes.

find me a ps3 someone :)

Apparently, you just need to live in Japan and be homeless and someone will pay you to buy one. ;)

I'd be curious to see what benchmarks looked like on this.

Just a direct update on the centos-4/ppc front... we've got some traction on that side again and we're moving through to make sure that there is a release that we get out by the first week of December.

once there, we should stay in sync with the rest of the distro.

If an old G4 Mac is sufficient, I'd be willing to be a guinea pig for the PPC arch. I have some gathering dust in our video editing dept.

Cheers,