[CentOS] Running iptables/netfilter module connlimit with stock CentOS4

Greetings folks,

I've been researching the various iptables modules that are included with the stock CentOS4 distro; particularly the connlimit module.

Is connlimit included by default?

I thought it is since performing
# iptables -m connlimit --help

returns information on connlimit usage along with the general iptables help info:

<SNIP>
connlimit v1.2.11 options:
[!] --connlimit-above n match if the number of existing tcp connections is (not) above n
 --connlimit-mask n             group hosts using mask

</SNIP>

The library seems to exist also:
/lib/iptables/libipt_connlimit.so

However, creating a rule that uses connlimit fails:

# iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -m connlimit --connlimit-above 2 --dport \ smtp -j REJECT
iptables: No chain/target/match by that name
#

So, am I missing something simple? Or am I limited to using netfilter's patch-o-matic and compiling a custom kernel (that I *really* do not want to do)?

Thank you so much,
Andrew Hull