[CentOS] Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 card on CentOS 4.X?

Anyone have the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350 card running on CentOS 4.X? What about MythTV? One of my users asked me today to upgrade the kernel on his CentOS 4.4 system today as he claims that this card will only work on recent kernels (2.6.16 or newer). I haven't found any documentation to support this (the Linux page on the Hauppauge web site is hopelessly out of date; it mentions the 2.2 kernel and Red Hat 6.2!).

We are working on some video products, so this card is actually a business requirement. I know that upgrading the kernel on a CentOS system defeats the main goal of stability of an enterprise OS, so if that's the only way to get this card to work, I may have to move to Fedora Core 6.

Alfred