Re: [CentOS] Web site development and security

On 10/21/06, Michael Velez <mikev777@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all,

I'm looking at building a website and extranet on my CentOS server for my home business.  I use PHP for my intranet but I hear PHP is a big security sieve.  Can anybody recommend good books on website security and development?  Which procedural language should I use to do this?

O'Reilly Linux Server Security ISBN 0-596-00670-5 is a great foundation to work on.

Personally I am looking at moving away from PHP and more to Zope/Python as this is reputedly more secure. Whether that will still be true as it becomes more popular is to be seen.

John