Re: [CentOS] Keyboard Fails at Login Prompt

On 21/10/06, Jim Perrin <jperrin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just setup an old box with CentOS 4 and I'm having a very strange
> problem.  The keyboard is functional throughout the startup process of
> the machine. I get the login prompt and I get just enough time to type
> in "root" and hit the enter button before the keyboard fails.  I've
[SNIPA]
How old a system and keyboard are we talking here? Are we talking AT
style keyboard, ps/2 keyboard, usb keyboard on an old system (where
bios usb handling can cause this sort of confusion) etc. Give us an
idea of what we're working with.

Shot in the dark but happened to me in past. If you have setup serial
mouse and it is missing / non functional you can get erratic errors on
key board
--
Regards,
Sudev Barar