Re: [CentOS] file size limit in apache 2.0 on centos 4

Tony Schreiner wrote:
I think I am encountering a download file size limit on centos 4 with httpd-2.0.52

The file in question is 5.2G in size, it does not show up in a browser directory listing, and I'm getting the error in the http error_log

value too large for defined data type: access

can someone confirm that there is a 4GB limit (or other) in the standard apache 2.0 on CentOS 4?

The limit is 2GB. While you can compile apache without limit, many programs will not work correctly with larger files, and some will simply refuse to touch anything larger than 2GB (for example, squid proxy server). With some applications it is just cosmetic stuff (they display negative size), some will totally break.

BTW, you should be able to serve files larger than 2GB over FTP. Actually, most CentOS mirrors that do carry DVD ISO images serve them only over FTP (I think there's only couple that serve them over HTTP too).