Re: [CentOS] OT: Problems with Pound Signs and Apache

Mike Kercher wrote:
Try changing AddDefaultCharset UTF-8 to AddDefaultCharset iso-8859-1 in
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf

This got rid of a bunch odd characters in some of my webpages.
Don't forget to restart httpd after making the change.

Mike

Thanks for the suggestion Mike, unfortunately that hasn't altered things. I'm leaning towards the conclusion that Apache is not at fault here as the configuration files are identical on the servers. It looks like it's Horde that is choosing to do something to the page before it's displayed, but again the Horde package and its Pear packages have just been copied from one server to the other and so have identical configs.

Andy.