Re: [CentOS] RHWAS rebuild efforts

Nothin?  I can throw a fair amount of money at this.  We're looking for someone to commit to a turnaround window on the niche redhat package groups (cluster suite and appserver for now) but deliver them to the centos group/repositories, not to us.  We're also looking for someone to contract out the creation and maintenance of rpm's for our internal repo.

-jim

On 10/16/06, Dag Wieers <dag@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006, jim bartus wrote:

> On 10/16/06, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > jim bartus wrote:
> > > Do you have any sort of LLC setup where you could write a statement of
> > > work around providing these packages?
> >
> > I have no idea what this means, care to elaborate a bit ?
>
> If I could get a SOW/quote from some consulting/professional-services
> company outlining "make the initial packages and provide one year of updates
> in a sub-72-hour timeframe" I could get a PO for that with ease.  If you
> then turn around and use that money to buy a license to get the packages,
> thats between you and redhat.
>
> Frankly if there's anyone out there that does this sort of thing for centos
> please let me know, there's a lot of stuff I could cut POs for.

I'm not sure how we can do something like this with the CentOS
organisation, but I think we should. I'm interested to provide CentOS
professional services (like I'm currently providing Red Hat services).

Is there a trademark ? What are the conditions to use it ? How would
licenses be transformed into donations ? Is there a transparency regarding
donations/sponsorship ?

What do we need to allow 3rd parties to provide services around CentOS ?

Maybe another mailinglist ?

Kind regards,
--   dag wieers,  dag@xxxxxxxxxx,  http://dag.wieers.com/   --