Re: [CentOS] Cluster Help

On Tue, 2006-10-17 at 09:14 -0400, Sherwyn Greene wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>     Need some information on getting the right storage array to buy
> for my cluster configuration can anyone help me with this
>
> my Setup so far
>
> 2 Athlon 2800 Sempron System
> 1 Wti Network power switch
> 1 24 Port 10/100 Cat5 switch
> 2 Adaptec 39160 scsi host adapter pci cards installed in the systems.
>
> I need to know what is the best storage solution with this
> configuration

It depends of what you want to do ... which kind of cluster do you want
to implement ? a linux-ha type cluster based on heartbeat ?
Do you need a shared storage ? in that case a san in fiber-channel or
iscsi should work. Some scsi adapters are able also to handle shared
scsi bus.
If you don't really need a shared storage, you can just replicate data
with drbd ...

--
Fabian Arrotin <fabian.arrotin@xxxxxxxxxx>