Re: [CentOS] CentOS guest for VMware, any similar setup?

fredex wrote:
But I don't know what this "clock problem" is that's mentioned here.
Can someone enlighten me, and perhaps even describe what one does to
cure it?

When running 2.6 kernels in the guests, clock either runs way too slow or gains time very fast. The problem exists for almost all Linux distributions that use 2.6 kernels. Ntpd won't save you since system clock in the guest is way too unstable for it to work. There's couple of workarounds, the most common is to use clock=pit on kernel boot line and to use vmware-tools to synchronize guest's clock with the host clock (the host's clock can be synced using ntpd to outside source).