Re: [CentOS] Multiple Instances of Apache on the same IP

Steven Vishoot wrote:
--- Tony Molloy <tony.molloy@xxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I'm trying to run multiple instances ( 2 ) of Apache
on a single IP address. I need this because I need
the two instances to run as different users.

If you can create another ipaddress in the machine, it will make it much easier

eg.
ifconfig eth0:0 10.220.1.157

You can make it permanent by added /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0:0 file
with the appropriate entries

I've set up two config files with the following:

config-1 config-2

ServerRoot "/etc/httpd"                  ServerRoot
"/etc/httpd"
Listen 10.220.1.156:80                  Listen
10.220.1.156:8080
Include conf.d/*.conf                      Include
conf.d/*.conf
User apache                                   User
backuppc
Group apache                                Group
backupp
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"    DocumentRoot
"/var/www/html"

When I start either apache it works but when I try
to start both the second one doesn't start.

Error Message:

When I start config-1 first and then config-2 I get
the following error message

Starting httpd: (98)Address already in use:
make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:443
Unable to open logs

When I start config-2 first and the config-1 I get
nothing.

I suspect the problem is loading the SSL module
which in both cases is trying to listen on port 443.
So short of removing the ssl.conf file from conf.d
or creating duplicate conf.d directories one without
the ssl.conf file is there anyway to do this.

Regards,

Tony

--

Tony Molloy.

Dept. of Comp. Sci.
University of Limerick

Wouldn't this question be better asked on the Apache list?

Steven
"On the side of the software box, in the 'System Requirements' section, it said 'Requires Windows or better'. So I installed Linux."