Re: [CentOS] Python/sqlite date time problems.

On 10/10/06, Bryan Cardillo <dillo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 03:59:42PM +0100, Will McDonald wrote:
> Bear with me, this is CentOS related. :)

       [...]

> As far as I can tell, python, sqlite and python-sqlite are all identical.
>
> Obviously there some date/time issues but I can't pinpoint exactly
> what. Can anyone shed any light or prod me in the right direction? The
> Whitebox systems *do* still have a smattering of Whitebox related
> RPMs...

       what about mx?  this rpm provides python modules which do
       date/time type conversion (and more), yet you haven't listed
       it above.  perhaps its installed on one machine, but not the
       other?

       on my centos 4 machine:
       $ rpm -q mx
       mx-2.0.5-3

Bingo! Cheers dude.

I was just trawling through strace output. On the functioning machine
(or at least, the one on which the code behaves as I expected) mx
isn't installed, on the others it is.

"Working" system:

[root@willspc python]# strace ./testcase.py 2>&1 | wc -l
1033
[root@willspc python]# rpm -q mx
package mx is not installed

"Broken" system:

[root@devmon1 python]# strace ./testcase.py 2>&1 | wc -l
1475
[root@devmon1 python]# rpm -q mx
mx-2.0.5-3
[root@devmon1 python]#

And a lot of those divergences appeared to be mx related though I
hadn't put 2 & 2 together until now.

On another previously "broken" system, after the removal of mx and python-MySQL

[root@stella python]# rpm -e mx MySQL-python
[root@stella python]# ./testcase.py
[('2006-10-10',), ('2006-10-11',)]

I guess it's upstream but it might be useful if that package was named
python-mx, though it could equally be argued that I should've just
done

$ rpm -q --whatrequires python

Anyway, that lets me know what the differences are, and I can either
code to take it into account, or just require/remove mx as necessary.
Thanks Bryan.

Will.