Re: [CentOS] Encore/sundance boards?

On 09/10/06, Eduardo Grosclaude <eduardo.grosclaude@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have this cheap "ENCORE 10/100Mbps Fast Ethernet PCI Adapter" which comes
with its own driver that compiles to 'sundance.ko' and performs bad (30%
packet loss) on a fully updated CentOS 4.4 box. This brand, model and driver
have worked OK for me on some other CentOS installations, none of which are
4.4. Short of replacing the board, which you can bet I will do, can anybody
provide me with some hint? Would CentOS Plus offer any different situation?

Given the card and drivers have worked OK in the past, are you
positive it's the driver/card and not something like a duplex mismatch
or a ropey cable?

Will.