Re: [CentOS] virtual host on latest centos 4.4

On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, Mark Fitzsimmons wrote:

Good morning All,

I have a slight issue with apache virtual hosts not working on my newly
installed CentOS (4.4).

I am very new to Linux, however I have experience with apache etc on
'w1nd0ws'. I've been round and round in the apache conf file and to no
avail.

Basically if I setup a virtual host the default then looks at it. Also,
if I setup multiple virtual hosts they all look at the first virtual
host.

The default is expected to be the first virtual host, but it seems like you dont have the correct config for the virtual hosts.

You can check the config using /usr/sbin/httpd -S
that will tell you what the virtual hosts are set up as.

I assume from what you say that you are restarting apache after changing the config.

I'm running the machine inside my local network as a staging server for
web design. I then set my HOSTS file on my PC to the ip of the server
and then the www.domain.co.uk:

Eg:
192.168.1.250	www.testsiteonvirtualhost.co.uk

This is what I do on my other apache test server (not CentOS). I assume
this should work??

Seems like it ought to - do you get the correct ip address with dig ?? or can you ping www.testsiteonvirtualhost.co.uk and do web accesses show in logs on the server.

Is there anything other than virtual hosts that would need setting up??

Not usually - you want want to paste your virtualhost config here ...

Regards
Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.