Re: [CentOS] Linux World Expo - London 25th + 26th Oct 2006

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Dag Wieers wrote:

On Wed, 4 Oct 2006, Karanbir Singh wrote:

CentOS has a stand at the LinuxWorld Expo, London on the 25th and 26th of Oct
2006. And we need some help!

We need a few people to come down and help at the stand, talk to visitors and
generally spread the good word on CentOS!  If you are interested and are able
to come help, please get in touch with Lance ( lance@xxxxxxxxxx ) or me (
kbsingh@xxxxxxxxxx ) as soon as possible.

I'm coming with a friend for the 2 days to populate the booth. We're doing
the arrangements now. Anyone knows a good (cheap) place to stay in the
vicinity ?

Anyone having experience with showcasing CentOS at a conference like this.

Well kb and I were at the show last year - iirc he had a sparc that didnt quite work - and we had an xinit server.

This year we could maybe show the 5 beta ...

I figure that handing out CD's nowadays would not be very useful.

Maybe not, but we do have some t-shirts and mugs

But having some flyers or something with the basic information about CentOS would be nice.

CentOS flyer:

+ Short introduction
+ Website location
+ Wiki location
+ Mailinglist location
+ Overview of the different versions, technologies, advantages and
  differences with other distributions.

Should be professional, straight-forward and objective.

Do we have something like this already ?

I think we have something that we did last year - will drag it out.

Do we have proper artwork for
printing ? How are we going to organise ? Another wiki page ? :)

A flyer is a good idea, as are posters - we have colour laser , and an a0 poster printer, so can do the output.

Wikis seem good ...

Lance

--
uklinux.net -
The ISP of choice for the discerning Linux user.