Re: [CentOS] CentOS at FOSDEM

Hi Dag,

Dag Wieers wrote:
Hi all,

FOSDEM is coming and it would be nice if CentOS users and developers are present.

sounds like a really good idea.

FOSDEM will take place at 24 and 25 february 2007. (so mark those dates in your calendar!)

I guess what we need is a wiki page about FOSDEM linked from some 'CentOS events' page and then people can start planning and indicating who's coming and what the topics could be.

I'll start this today.

Since the developer rooms are usually limited, it may be useful to work together with Fedora to claim one. (I've send out a proposal to the Fedora ambassador who is in charge of FOSDEM)

Things we may want to plan:

+ the 'hall' presence (usually a table to showcase and respond to questions)
   - what do we need to showcase CentOS, to attract visitors
   - volunteers to be present to answer questions (maybe a timetable)
   - flyers, business cards and posters ? (centos artwork)
- how to keep things on a professional level (mostly these tables are pretty crowded and unorganised)

 + a developer's room
   - topics and speakers for presentation
   - topics and moderators for discussions

if we can get a developer room, we should definitely share it - with Fedora would be ideal. I dont think we can really fill a dev room with talks for 2 days based around CentOS.

The other thing is, there are a lot of projects that are based on CentOS, maybe we can ask if they would like to get involved and talk about their side/use of CentOS?

Who's willing to help ? Let's hear ! :)

I'll be there :)

( and I'll start a wiki page today )