Re: [CentOS] firewall issue

My problem is that I am not sure how to resolve this. I have not done
any configuration with iptables before. In the
file /etc/sysconfig/iptables are the lines:
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m tcp -p tcp --dport 2049
-j ACCEPT
-A RH-Firewall-1-INPUT -m state --state NEW -m udp -p udp --dport 2049
-j ACCEPT

and there are not any deny lines above these. I think those lines were
added when I ran system-config-securitylevel-tui. Those are the only
lines that I can find that mention port 2049 or nfs.

Those lines look to me like they are for accepting incoming connections
only. Is that correct?

What do I need to do so that I can do the nfs export out of this box?

These lines accept NEW connections. If the connection lags/times out
but does not start again as 'new', it may be blocked. You should
consider just allowing 2049 from a particular subnet, without other
constraints on the packets.

NFS is also a bit like ftp, and likes to play with random ports, which
tend to make firewalls angry. You'll want something in
/etc/sysconfig/nfs like the following:

STATD_PORT=4000
STATD_OUTGOING_PORT=4004
LOCKD_TCPPORT=4001
LOCKD_UDPPORT=4001
MOUNTD_PORT=4002

Obviously you'll need to salt this to taste, and ensure that ports
4000:4004 are open (in this example) as well in your firewall.

George Orwell