Re: [CentOS] Lan Monitoring Software on Centos

I want to monitor Desktops & Laptops and want a daily, weekly,monthly
reports for each and every client with the details like Bandwidth
spend on www, mail, chatting. Company wants to track how much
bandwidth each client is consuming and on what.

Is there any such tool available? I am using Centos 4.0

There are several tools you can use to monitor bandwidth usage, and
display them as a graph with rrdtool or mrtg. The issue is breaking it
down by application. The easiest way to do that would be at the switch
level via a managed switch. Even then, you'd only be able to manage
port usage, and not necessarily application usage.

George Orwell