Re: [CentOS] sendmail security

abhishek singh wrote:
yes i am using SMTP Authentication , but when i m
doing telnet to my server on 25 port so i am able to
send mail by unknow user that in in not my mail server
like

where are you telnetting from? localhost?

telnet localhost 25?

mail from: <abs@xxxxxxxxxx>
this command is showing Sender is ok while its not user in my mail server.after that

if you are using delayed checks, this is normal. BTW, does this sendmail box solely does smtp-auth relay only? It is not used for receiving mail right?

rcpt to: <xyz@xxxxxxxxxx>
DATA
jhsjhdf
.
quit

after this mail is queued for delivery to xyz user and
in this scenario xyz is valid user accound on my mail
server so i want that unkown account for my domain
cant sendmail , so how i will do that ,

when i am sending mail to out side domain without
authentication then everything is ok means any one can
send mail to my domain while he is not user.
this is the problem.

Okay, I thought you wanted something like that. You want to allow only mails where the sender exists on your system, right?

 i have one solution , but i want to know very easy
way to do that .

well...you could try looking for ready made rulesets for what you want. Otherwise, it will have to be written.

--- Feizhou <feizhou@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

abhishek singh wrote:
hi all i am using sendmail mail server, i have configured
SASL+TLS+MailScanner+Spamassasin+.Procmail and its
working fine, but there is one problem when i am
doing
telnet to my server on 25 port and using "mail
from "
command to send mail by any user like
abc@xxxxxxxxx or
any user @mydomain then sendmail is not able to
verify
sending user , so plz help me how can i verify the
real sender means i want only my domain real user
can
sendmails .and when i am using mail clients then
its
working fine . prolem is occuring when , when i am
doing telnet directly to smtp port to my server
Did you use AUTH to authenticate yourself?

Also, from what you say, do you also want to make
sure that any user who authenticates must use an email address in your
domain as their return-path?