Re: [CentOS] how to install smoke ping with yum

On 9/17/06, Farhan Ali Khan <gabereal_@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hey guys

i need help i want to know how to install smokeping with the help of yum .

regards
gaberial

Hi Gaberial,

I'm not aware of anyone who keeps an .rpm for SmokePing in a yum repo.
There are some rpms available outside of yum repos, but I would
recommend that you install all of the components needed by SmokePing
and then do SmokePing itself directly from source as described in:

http://ai.net.nz/horde/wicked/display.php?page=SmokePing

It's pretty simple and works well (although watch out for the version
of Sys::Syslog you are using... I know v0.16 has issues... I'm not
sure if the latest [v0.18] is better, but I think I read that there
are still issues... I downgraded to v0.15 and everything worked fine).
This post on the smokeping-users list might be of help:

http://lists.ee.ethz.ch/smokeping-users/msg02006.html

Take care,
Kennedy