Re: [CentOS] Lingering dhclient issue

On Sep 13, 2006, at 17:07, Johnny Hughes wrote:
I do:

service network restart

I'll remember this for next time. If I get a chance, I will also test this to see if the dhclient process indeed goes away.

On Sep 13, 2006, at 18:29, Justin Randall wrote:
Unless this device is going to be switching from DCHP to static
frequently, wouldn't simply killing the dhclient process be sufficient?

Yes, it would. My question was what is the recommended process to switch an interface from DHCP to STATIC so that the dhclient process automatically gets killed. Doing an "ifdown eth0", editing the configuration file, and then doing an "ifup eth0" left this lingering dhclient process around.

Alfred