Re: [CentOS] 2.6.9-42.ELsmp kernel and 3ware 9550 tools

Bowie Bailey wrote:
Matt Hyclak wrote:
On Tue, Sep 12, 2006 at 09:41:57AM -0400, Bowie Bailey enlightened us:
I have the latest kernel with the drivers for my 3ware 9550SX
built in. Where can I find the tools and monitoring apps for this
card?  Are there rpms hiding somewhere, or do I need to build it
from source?
If you want package management, I've attached the spec files I use.
They're nosrc, so you'll have to download the code from 3ware's
website, but at least afterwards they'll be managed by rpm.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I found and installed the 3dm2 utility from the CD packaged with the
controller.  Just a note for anyone else doing this...  If you do the
install from their menu, the install window will close before you have
a chance to read the instructions on finishing the setup.  Do the
3dm2 install from the command line to save yourself some confusion.

This is all very welcome and timely info. My new pile media servers w/9550's just arrived. I think I'll go sit down and read War and Peace while the 6TB arrays are formatting....sigh....computers have gotten so much faster over the years, but disks still format at a snail's pace. :(