RE: [CentOS] kbcached tuning on CentOS 4.4

If this is the wrong mailing list (though I doubt it is).  Could someone please direct me to the right one?  Should this question be directed to LKML instead?

Regards,

Justin.

From: Justin Randall
Sent: Friday, September 08, 2006 10:31 AM
To: centos@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CentOS] kbcached tuning on CentOS 4

Hello,

I’ve been searching to no end at how to tune at what interval (or size) kbcached will be flushed.

I had been chasing a potential memory leak until “sar –r”, had revealed that all the “mysteriously used” memory was actually being taken up by the kernel data cache.  It is chewing up all unused memory on the system slowly over time, which is a concern.  Various sources have pointed me towards making modification in the /proc/sys/vm file-system although kernel documentation on the files within doesn’t seem to really fit what I’m trying to do.

Any way to set the kbcached buffer to be flushed either at a specified time interval or once it hits a certain size would be a great help.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,

Justin Randall