Re: [CentOS] can't copy file.

dxuranus wrote:
 i mount a windows share like this:
mount -t smbfs -o
iocharset=gb2312,codepage=936,username=administrator //192.168.10.27/cvs /mnt/windows
and try to copy file from /mnt/windows to my local disk.
but if came to file with chinese name it always told me "cp: can't creat
normal file ,  invalid argument."
by the way i can see the file name (in chinese),
and here is my locale:
LANG=zh_CN
LC_CTYPE="zh_CN"
LC_NUMERIC="zh_CN"
LC_TIME="zh_CN"
LC_COLLATE="zh_CN"
LC_MONETARY="zh_CN"
LC_MESSAGES="zh_CN"
LC_PAPER="zh_CN"
LC_NAME="zh_CN"
LC_ADDRESS="zh_CN"
LC_TELEPHONE="zh_CN"
LC_MEASUREMENT="zh_CN"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="zh_CN"
LC_ALL=
 i try all possible charset utf-8,gbk,cp936,or gb2312.
i have focus on this tow days,if i still can't solve this i will crazy.
thanks fro any help!
Not sure if I'm missing the point here, but is it only 1 file or many files with Chinese characters in the filenames? Does the file *have* to maintain its original name - could you rename it to something else in the source file system just for the duration of the copy?

Also, from a shell looking at the smb mount (ls -al), how does the file name appear on the screen? Are you able to 'cat' it if you wrap escape characters around the file name? If this is the case you may be able to copy the file without renaming it by using escape characters. If you have a lot of files with this problem I'd suggest a writing a small script along the lines of 'for file in * do ......<mess with filenames>.........done'.

Something else to try.......put the troublesome file in a zip file on the windows box/file system, and then copy the zip file and try unzipping it on the Linux box - just make sure the zip file has a file name that's using ASCII printables! :-)