[CentOS] bugzilla; was: openssl package possibly different in CentOS and RHEL

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:

BTW, any chance CentOS will switch to Bugzilla? ;-)

The current system is... well... different... Probably the reason I usually fire off mail to mailing list, instead of going to bugs.centos.org. I personally find Bugzilla easier to use, and that is what almost everything else uses to track bugs (except few odd projets, like CentOS).

heh -- actually new 'bugzilla' installs seem rarer than new 'trac' installs.

Back early on in centos's life, when a sub-project of cAos, we had a bugzilla; a comple of security fixes in bugzilla were mandated by events, and a switch away occurred. Content was migrated, and some of the 'groups' rights confidential (security related) material 'leaked' briefly during the cutover.

'mantis' is the base for the current tracker, and has been reliable for centos since its uptake. I find it requires a mindshift to use properly, compared to my bugzilla habits, but that some of its default and configurable views are quicker for triaging and working bugs after some practice.

In packaging and tracking bugzilla, I find that there are some changes post its version 2.20.1 which impair the Preferences and User Preferences functions, and which are not yet fixed upstream. A return to bugzilla seems unlikely absent a more compelling reason the unfamiliarity of interface.

-- Russ Herrold