Re: [CentOS] Upgrading from RH 9

Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
You can upgrade to centos 4.4 on the old drive or
do a clean install of centos 4.4 and the migrate all files
individually.
For example, migrate only the users from /etc/passwd, from UID 500, etc.

You will find out that many servers have posible new config options, but
no big changes.

You can also use: linux upgradeany
in the cdrom prompt

Likely there will be orphaned packages; some are likely to have been dropped.

After the upgrade, "rpm -qa --last" | less will show you what didn't get upgraded.

Upgrade is what I intend to do to get a box from RHL 7.3 to Centos, probably 4. I will, of course, use another drive, and I will test on another system.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait