Re: [CentOS] Re: problems copying distro files

Robert Moskowitz wrote:

Oh, a number of years back at the IETF, there was a workgroup headed by Richard Stevens ("TCP/IP Illustrated"). He had a fantastic list of all of the sins in so many implementations, and wanted them published as an RFC.

Cooler heads in the IESG prevailed (fear of lawsuits), and each vendor was dragged over the coals on the mailing list and the workgroup meetings.

Richard had an untimely death, and is missed. His legacy is good implementations of TCP/IP and others that watch for back-sliding.

Oh, and that is why my comment on Win98 ;)

Someone published an RFC dealing with a bakeoff. The idea was to cook someone else's implemtation while keeping your own safe. It's worth digging out for a read & chuckle.

Even W98 should be okay, but I'd not bet on Internet Exploder.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait