Re: [CentOS] very new user having problems

John Summerfield wrote:
barbaara fberg wrote:
yes I am certain I do not understand the question.

I have an antenae in the front yard connected with coax cable to a radio toa networking box

it is a wireless connection

You haven't responed to my earilier post.

We need the specifics of you set up; are you using a wireless router or do you have PCI card in your Linux box? What brand? What does "lspci -v -v" reveal?

Have you tried pebble? Pebble is designed for what I think you want, and if that works then maybe we can extrapolate. If Pebble doesn't work, ask its supporters for help; if they can't get Pebble working, there's little chance for us.

um...John? we don't even know what kind of inet connection she's got yet, although we "have" ascertained that she's got an antenna in her front yard. :/

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."