Re: [CentOS] up2date unresolved dependencies for 4.4

Jim Perrin wrote:
On 9/4/06, Robert Moskowitz <rgm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well I just tried up2date -u

yum is preferred.
I had been seeing a lot of comments on using up2date for this one, so I thought I would give it a go.
libibverbs  1.0.3-1                      requires kernel-ib
libmthca  1.0.2-1                        requires kernel-ib
libsdp  0.9.0-1                          requires kernel-ib

The following packages were added to your selection to satisfy dependencies:
Package                                Required by

Nothing was updated...
Unresolvable chain of dependencies:

By default up2date excludes kernel* and in 4.4, there is a kernel-ib
package which is required by certain applications. This is unfortunate
in my opinion, but it is carried in from upstream. Basically if you
want to use up2date for this, -f is your friend.
I finally figured out why yumex was not listing any updates. Had to clear its cache.

So I deselected a number of apps (bind, openssh, openssl for example), and am now downloading.....